Dr. Nahid Ali
Senior Principal Scientist
PhD, Calcutta University, 1985
Contact - email@example.com
- Diagnostic tools for kala-azar and PKDL.
- Mechanism of immune regulation and drug induced immunomodulation in Indian kala-azar and PKDL.
- Evaluation of vaccination strategies and protein- and DNA-based candidate antigens.
- Studies on immune stimulation pathways by liposomal vaccines.
- Cationic liposome based combination therapy with existing drugs and novel compounds.
- Developement of strategies for cancer targeting by liposomal formulations.
of important Publications:
- Mazumder S, Maji M, Ali N. Potentiating Effects of MPL on DSPC Bearing Cationic Liposomes Promote Recombinant gp63 Vaccine Efficacy: Impressive Immunogenicity and Protection. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. In press.
- Palit P, Hazra A, Maity A, Vijayan R S K, Prabu M, Banerjee S, Mondal N B, Ghoshal N, Ali N. Discovery of Safe and Orally Effective 4-Aminoquinaldine Analogues as Apoptotic Inducers with Activity against Experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy . In press
- The Working Group on Research Priorities for Development of Leishmaniasis Vaccines, Costa C. H. N., Peters N. C., Maruyama S. R ., Brito Jr E. C. D and Santos I. K. F. D. M. 2011. Vaccines for the Leishmaniases: Proposals for a Research Agenda. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 5: e943.
- Saha S, Goswami R, Pramanik N, Guha SK, Saha B, Rahman M, Mallick S, Modak D, Silva FO, Mendonca IL, Costa DL, Costa CHN, and Ali N. Development and Evaluation of Leishmania donovani Promastigote Membrane Antigen-Based Serodiagnosis of Visceral Leishmaniasis and Post Kala-azar Dermal Leishmaniasis. Emerging Infectious Diseases. 2011. 17: 1304-06.
- Mazumder, S, Maji M, Das, A and Ali N. Potency, Efficacy and Durability of DNA/DNA, DNA /Protein and Protein/Protein Based Vaccination Using gp63 Against Leishmania donovani in BALB/c Mice. PLoS ONE. 2011. 6: e14644- e14644.
- Banerjee, A., De, M., and Ali, N. Combination therapy with paromomycin associated stearylamine-bearing liposomes cures experimental visceral leishmaniasis through Th1-biased immunomodulation. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2011. 55: 1661-70.
- Mondal S, Bhattacharya P and Ali N. Current diagnosis and treatment of visceral leishmaniasis. Expert Review on Anti-Infective Therapy .2010. 8: 919-44.
- Mondal S, Bhattacharya P, Rahaman M, Ali N and Goswami R. P. A curative immune profile one-week after treatment of Indian kala-azar patients predicts success with short-course liposomal amphotericin B therapy. PLos Neglected Tropical Diseases. 2010. 27: e764.
- Sinha R, Sengupta A, Ali N and Gupta P. N. Is PGL-I really a specific antigen for leprosy? Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2010.50: 937-38.
- Bhowmick S, Mazumdar T, Sinha R and Ali N. Comparison of liposome based antigen delivery systems for protection against Leishmania donovani. Journal of Controlled Release. 2010.141:199-207.
- Bhowmick S. and Ali N. Identification of novel Leishmania donovani antigens that help define correlates of vaccine-mediated protection in visceral leishmaniasis. PLoS ONE. 2009. 4: e5820 1-10.
- Banerjee A., De M., and Ali, N. Complete cure of experimental visceral leishmaniasis with amphotericin B in stearylamine-bearing cationic liposomes involves down-regulation of IL-10 and favorable T cell responses. Journal of Immunology. 2008. 181:1386-1398.
- Bhowmick S., and Ali, N. Recent developments in leishmaniasis vaccine delivery systems. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery. 2008. 7:789-803.
- Banerjee A., Roychoudhury J., and Ali, N. Stearylamine-bearing cationic liposomes kill Leishmania parasites through surface exposed negatively charged phosphatidylserine. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2008. 61:103-110.
- Palit P., and Ali, N. Oral Therapy with Amlodipine and Lacidipine, 1, 4- Dihydropyridine Derivatives Showing Activity against Experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2008. 52:374-377.
- Saha, S., Mondal, S., Ravindran, R., Bhowmik, S., Modak, D., Mallick, S., Rahman, M., Kar, S., Goswami, R., Guha, SK., Pramanik, N., Saha, B., Ali, N. IL-10 and TGF-β mediated susceptibility in Post-kala-azar-dermal leishmaniasis: The significance of amphotericin B in the control of Leishmania donovani infection in India. Journal of Immunology. 2007. 179: 5592-5603.
Detail list of Publications upto October'2011 ==>> Click here
|Updated on 1st November'2011