- Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Srijani Ghanta, Amrita Chakraorty, Saptarshi Hazra and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Proteins differentially expressed in elicited cell suspension culture of Podophyllum hexandrum with enhanced Podophyllotoxin content. BMC Proteome Science, 10:34, 2012.
- Deepak Kumar, Riddhi Datta, Ragini Sinha, Aparupa Ghosh and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Proteomic profiling of γ-ECS overexpressed transgenic Nicotiana in response to drought stress. Plant Signaling and Behaviour, May, e29246, 2014.
- Srijani Ghanta, Riddhi Datta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Deepak Kumar, Saptarshi Hazra, Aparupa Bose Mazumdar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay*. Multistep involvement of glutathione with salicylic acid and ethylene to combat environmental stress. Journal of Plant Physiology, 171: 940-950, 2014.
- Srijani Ghanta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Ragini Sinha, Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. N. tabacum overexpressing γ-ECS exhibits biotic stress tolerance likely through NPR1-dependent salicylic acid-mediated pathway. PLANTA, 233:895-910, 2011.
- Ragini Sinha and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Leaf proteome analysis of Mentha arvensis in response to Alternaria alternata infection. Journal of Proteomics, 74:327-338, 2011.
- Srijani Ghanta, Dipto Bhattacharyya, and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Glutathione signaling acts through NPR1-dependent SA-mediated pathway to mitigate biotic stress.Plant Signaling and Behavior, 6(4): 1-3, 2011.
- Mehar Darukhshan Kalim, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Oxidative DNA damage preventive activity and antioxidant potential of plants used in Unani system of medicine. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 10:77, 2010.
- Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Effect of over-expression of Linum usitatissimum PINORESINOL LARICIRESINOL REDUCTASE (LuPLR) gene in transgenic Phyllanthus amarus. Plant Cell Tiss. Org. Cult, 103:315–323, 2010.
- Amrita Chakraborty, Dipto Bhattacharyya, Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. An efficient protocol for in vitro regeneration of Podophyllum hexandrum, a critically endangered medicinal plant. Indian Journal of Biotecnol, 9: 217-220, 2010.
- Akhilesh Kumar, Amrita Chakraborty, Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of mint with E. coli glutathione synthetase gene. Plant Cell Tiss. Org. Cult., 96: 117–126, 2009.
- Avijit Poddar, Anindita Banerjee, Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. In vivoEfficacy of Calceolarioside A against Experimental Visceral Leishmaniasis. Planta Med., 74: 503–508, 2008.
- Srijani Ghanta, Anindita Banerjee, Avijit Poddar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Oxidative DNA Damage Preventive Activity and Antioxidant Potential of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni, a Natural Sweetener. Jr. Agric. Food Chem. 55: 10962–10967, 2007.
- Akhilesh Kumar and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. DNA damage protecting activity and antioxidant potential of pudina extract. Food Chem., 100: 1377-1384, 2007.
BOOKS CHAPTERS PUBLISHED:
- Amrita Chakraborty, Krittika Sasmal and Sharmila Chattopadhyay,entitled “The Genus Mentha: a versatile Plant” in the book series, “Utilization and Management of Medicinal Plants” by Daya Publishing House, Chapter 12, pp.217-227, 2010.
- Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Novel neutraceutical properties of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni) Bertoni” published in the book series, “Comprehensive Bioactive Natural Products” under Studium Press LLC, USA. Vol. 4, Chapter 15, pp. 273-281, 2010.
- Anindita Banerjee and Sharmila Chattopadhyay, “Phyllanthus amarus: a versatile plant for therapeutic interest” in: Prospective in Cytology & Genetics, (Proce. of XIV AICCG) (Eds. AK Giri, A Mukherjee & M Mukherjee), Vol. 14, pp. 251-260, 2009.
- Srijani Ghanta and Sharmila Chattopadhyay. Glutathione as a signaling molecule:
Another challenge to pathogens. Plant Signaling and Behavior, 6:6, 1-5.
News Paper coverage entitled “SO SWEET: Sugar leaf is not just a great sweetener-it is full of antioxidants too” of my lab work in the Science section of “The Telegraph” on 28th Jan 2008.
Sharmila Chattopadhyay, Avijit Poddar, Akhilesh Kumar, Basudeb Achari, extracts from Nyctanthes arbortristis for the treatment of leishmaniasis, International (PCT) filling no. PCT/ib2006/002805, date 09.10.2006.
NCBI/GenBank ESTs/DNA Sequence Submission:
- Bhattacharyya, D., Ghanta S, Chattopadhyay, S. 2010, Sinopodophyllum hexandrum cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase mRNA, complete cds. Acc. # GenBank: HQ268590.
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Chattopadhyay, S. 2009, EST analysis from cDNA library of Sinopodophyllum hexandrum. GI: 301686-301333760 (HO: 205492.1-205224.1).
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, EST Sequence of Sinopodophyllum hexandrum SSH library. Acc. # GO246437-246456; GO248614-248753; GO 254273-254322.
- Ghanta, S., Bhattacharyya, D., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, EST Sequence of Nicotiana tabacum SSH library. Acc. # GH985140-985149; GH986493-986516; GO344193-344210.
- Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, Partial coding sequence of PLR of Phyllanthus amarus. Acc. # EU660220.
- Banerjee, A., Chattopadhyay, S. 2008, Partial coding sequence of PLR of Podophyllum hexandrum. Acc. # EU649692.