Current Research Interest :
- Development of new reagent systems, synthetic transformations, and mechanistic aspects
- Gold-catalyzed C-C and C-heteroatom bond formation
- Novel methodologies for bioactive heterocycles, especially substituted furans and pyrans
- Carbohydrates as Synthetic Tools in Organic Synthesis
Names of the group members :
- Mr. Kanchan Mal (SRF, CSIR); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Fazle Haque (JRF, UGC); e-mail: email@example.com
Ph.D positions are available.
CSIR/UGC NET awardees with a background in Organic Chemistry are welcome to apply via e-mail.
List of Publications and Patents from CSIR-IICB:
15. Base Induced Chiral Substituted Furans and Imidazoles from Carbohydrate-Derived 2-Haloenones By Kanchan Mal and Indrajit Das,* The Journal of Organic Chemistry (Article), 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.5b02500
14.Chirally Substituted 3-Formylfurans from Carbohydrates: An Expedient Route via NBS-Mediated Electrophilic Cyclization By Kanchan Mal, Amanpreet Kaur, and Indrajit Das,* Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry (Article), 2015, 4, 1132−1143.
13. PPh3.HBr-DMSO: A Reagent System for Diverse Chemoselective Transformations By Kanchan Mal,‡ Amanpreet Kaur,‡ Fazle Haque, and Indrajit Das,* The Journal of Organic Chemistry (Article), 2015, 80, 6400-6410 . (‡These authors contributed equally).(One of the Top 20 most read articles (most downloaded articles) in the month of May, 2015)
12. ZnI2-Catalyzed Diastereoselective [4+2] Cycloadditions of β,γ-unsaturated α-ketothioesters with Olefins By Kanchan Mal, Supriya Das, Nakul C. Maiti, Ramalingam Natarajan, and Indrajit Das, The Journal of Organic Chemistry(Article)2015 80,2972-2988 .
11. Preparation of PNA-6-aminoglucosamine conjugates as antiviral agents By Virendra N Pandey, Jean-Luc Decout, Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré; U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2014), US 20140371137 A1 20141218.
10. Gold(III) Chloride Catalyzed Synthesis of Chiral Substituted 3-Formyl Furans from Carbohydrates: Application to the Synthesis of 1,5-Dicarbonyl Derivative and Furo[3,2-c]pyridine By Kanchan Mal, Abhinandan Sharma, and Indrajit Das,* Chemistry - A European Journal (Article), 2014, 20, 11932 – 11945.
9. PPh3.HBr-DMSO mediated expedient synthesis of γ-substituted β,γ-unsaturated α-ketomethylthioesters and α-bromo enals: Application to the synthesis of 2-methylsulfanyl-3(2H)-furanones By Kanchan Mal, Abhinandan Sharma, Prakas R. Maulik, and Indrajit Das,* Chemistry - A European Journal (Communication), 2014, 20, 662 – 667.
Previous Publications and Patents:
8. A Peptide Nucleic Acid-Aminosugar Conjugate Targeting Transactivation Response Element of HIV-1 RNA Genome Shows a High Bioavailability in Human Cells and Strongly Inhibits Tat-mediated Transactivation of HIV-1 Transcription By Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré, Dinesh Kumar Manvar, Isabelle baussanne, Virendra N Pandey, and Jean-Luc Decout* J. Med. Chem.,2012, 5, 6021–6032.
7. 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout,* Isabelle Baussanne, Jerome Desire, Indrajit Das, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq PCT Int. Appl. 2012, WO 2012062996 A1 20120518.
6. 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout,* Indrajit Das, Jerome Desire, Isabelle Baussanne, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq Fr. Demande, 2012, FR 2967068 A1 20120511.
5. Unusual addition of amines to C-2 of vinyl sulfone-modified-β-d-pent-2-enofuranosyl carbohydrates: synthesis of a new class of β-anomeric 2-amino-2,3-dideoxy-d-threo-pentofuranosides By Indrajit Das, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, Jean-Luc Décout, and Tanmaya Pathak* Carbohydr. Res., 2008, 343, 1287-1296.
4. Diastereoselective Michael Initiated Ring Closure on Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Carbohydrates: A Stereospecific and General Route to α-Substituted Cyclopropanes By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, and Tanmaya Pathak* J. Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (24), 9181–9189.
3. Diastereoselective C−C Bond Formation at C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates: Diversity-Oriented Synthesis of Branched-Chain Sugars and Beyond By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, and Tanmaya Pathak* J. Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (15), 5523–5533.
2. Desulfonylation with Mg−MeOH−NiBr2: An Expedient Reagent System for the Synthesis of 2-Amino-2,3-dideoxy Furanosides By Indrajit Das and Tanmaya Pathak* Org. Lett., 2006, 8 (7), 1303–1306.
1. A Diastereoselective and General Route to 5-Amino-5-deoxysugars: Influence of C-3 Substitution on the Addition of Amines to C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates By Indrajit Das, Tanmaya Pathak*, and Cheravakkattu G. Suresh J. Org. Chem., 2005, 70 (20), 8047–8054.