Dr. Indrajit Das
* Doctoral Fellow (January 2002 – December 2006): with Prof. Tanmaya Pathak, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
* Postdoctoral Fellow (January 2007 – January 2009): with Prof Jean-Luc Decout, DPM-University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble/CNRS, France (IFCPAR Fellowship)
* Senior Research Scientist (January 2009 – August 2011): Chembiotek – A TCG Lifesciences, Kolkata, India
* Scientist (August 2011 – Present): Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Chemistry Division, kolkata, India
Contact : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Research Interest :
Development of New Synthetic Methods and Strategies in Carbohydrates and Heterocycles
Ph.D and Postdoctoral positions are available.
CSIR/UGC NET awardees with a background in Organic Chemistry are welcome to apply via e-mail to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Names of the group members including regular staff with designation and research fellow:
- Mr. Kanchan Mal (JRF, CSIR)
- Mrs. Jayeeta Kolay (JRF, CSIR)
List of important Publications:
Publications from CSIR-IICB:
PPh3.HBr-DMSO mediated expedient synthesis of γ-substituted β,γ-unsaturated α-ketomethylthioesters and α-bromo enals: Application to the synthesis of 2-methylsulfanyl-3(2H)-furanones By Kanchan Mal, Abhinandan Sharma, Prakas R. Maulik, and Indrajit Das,* Just Accepted, Chemistry - A European Journal, 2013, DOI: 10.1002/chem.201303755.
Publications from Ph.D. and Postdoctoral positions:
1. A Diastereoselective and General Route to 5-Amino-5-deoxysugars: Influence of C-3 Substitution on the Addition of Amines to C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates By Indrajit Das, Tanmaya Pathak, and Cheravakkattu G. Suresh J. Org. Chem., 2005, 70 (20), 8047–8054.
2. Desulfonylation with Mg−MeOH−NiBr2: An Expedient Reagent System for the Synthesis of 2-Amino-2,3-dideoxy Furanosides By Indrajit Das and Tanmaya Pathak Org. Lett., 2006, 8 (7), 1303–1306.
3. Diastereoselective Michael Initiated Ring Closure on Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Carbohydrates: A Stereospecific and General Route to α-Substituted Cyclopropanes By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, and Tanmaya Pathak J. Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (24), 9181–9189.
4. Diastereoselective C−C Bond Formation at C-5 of Vinyl Sulfone-Modified Hex-5-enofuranosyl Carbohydrates: Diversity-Oriented Synthesis of Branched-Chain Sugars and Beyond By Indrajit Das, Tarun K. Pal, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, and Tanmaya Pathak J. Org. Chem., 2007, 72 (15), 5523–5533.
5. Unusual addition of amines to C-2 of vinyl sulfone-modified-β-d-pent-2-enofuranosyl carbohydrates: synthesis of a new class of β-anomeric 2-amino-2,3-dideoxy-d-threo-pentofuranosides By Indrajit Das, Cheravakkattu G. Suresh, Jean-Luc Décout, and Tanmaya Pathak Carbohydr. Res., 343 (8), 2008, 1287-1296.
6. 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout, Indrajit Das, Jerome Desire, Isabelle Baussanne, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq Fr. Demande, 2012, FR 2967068 A1 20120511.
7. 6-amino-6-deoxyglucosamine derivatives and their use as antibacterial agents By Jean-Luc Decout, Isabelle Baussanne, Jerome Desire, Indrajit Das, and Marie-Paule Mingeot-Leclercq PCT Int. Appl. 2012, WO 2012062996 A1 20120518.
8. A Peptide Nucleic Acid-Aminosugar Conjugate Targeting Transactivation Response Element of HIV-1 RNA Genome Shows a High Bioavailability in Human Cells and Strongly Inhibits Tat-mediated Transactivation of HIV-1 Transcription By Indrajit Das, Jérôme Désiré, Dinesh Kumar Manvar, Isabelle baussanne, Virendra N Pandey, and Jean-Luc Decout J. Med. Chem. ; 2012, 5, 6021–6032.